a. Vehicle Preparation:
1. Disconnect and cap the negative (ground) battery terminal per TM 5-2350-262-20-1, Battery Cable
2. For vehicles equipped with MCS: Remove and discard all MCS equipment, cables, and hardware per TM 5-
2350-262-20-2, Section XXI, Microclimatic Cooling System (MCS) Tasks (except for the two MCS power
supply cable clamps on the mounting bracket on the left side of the driver's compartment wall that remain for
reuse). Install the original NBC system equipment, electrical components, hoses, air purifier and heater and
hardware per TM 5-235-262-20-2, Section XIV, Air Purifier Installation, and illustrations and parts list in TM 5-
3. Install set screws into the top fuel tank armor plate where the MCS mounting bolts were removed from, except
for the three setscrews that will be removed and discarded in step b.1. below.
4. For vehicles not equipped with MCS and with the NBC system installed: Use the following procedure below
beginning with paragraph b.1. MCU and Mounting Assembly Installation to install the CCS.
b. MCU and Mounting Assembly Installation:
1. Remove and discard three setscrews (2) from fuel tank armor plate (1) behind driver's compartment.
NEW HOLE LOCATION