CREW COOLING SYSTEM INSTALLATION FOR
FORCE XXI BATTLE COMMAND-BRIGADE AND BELOW (FBCB2) EQUIPPED
SUBJECT: Installation of new configuration Crew Cooling System (CCS) for vehicles equipped with FBCB2 systems
DATE: 3 JANUARY 2006.
DESCRIPTION: For vehicles with FBCB2 systems installed, the NBC system equipment and the left seatbelt will be
installed in different positions than vehicles without FBCB2 systems.
TM REFERENCES: The technical manual references in this procedure are: TM 5-2350-262-20-1 and 2, dated
January 1997 and TM 5-2350-262-24P, dated March 2000.
SECTION I - TOOLS REQUIRED
b. Shop Equipment, Automotive Maintenance and Repair: Field Maintenance, Basic, Less Power, NSN 4910-00-
Shop Equipment, Automotive Maintenance and Repair: Field Maintenance, Supplemental No.1, Less Power,
d. Lifting device with weight capacity greater than 230 lb (104 kg) for removing driver's seat from vehicle.
SECTION II - MODIFICATION PROCEDURES
Pay attention to all Warnings per TM 5-2350-262-20-2, Section XIV, Group AV, Air Purifier
Installation and to all Warnings, Cautions, and Notes per TM 5-2350-262-20-2, Section XXI,
Group A6, Special Purpose Kits Installation, Microclimatic Cooling System (MCS) Tasks.
MCS preparation kits were installed on all M9 ACE vehicles per MWO 5-2350-262-50-1, dated
01 July 1996.
a. Vehicle Preparation:
1. Disconnect and cap the negative (ground) battery terminal per TM 5-2350-262-20-1, Battery Cable
2. For vehicles equipped with MCS: Remove and discard all MCS equipment, cables, and hardware per TM 5-
2350-262-20-2, Section XXI, Microclimatic Cooling System (MCS) Tasks (except for the two MCS power
supply cable clamps on the mounting bracket on the left side of the driver's compartment wall that remain for
3. Install set screws into the top fuel tank armor plate where the MCS mounting bolts were removed from,
except for the three setscrews that will be removed and discarded in step b.1. below.
4. Remove driver's seat per TM 5-2350-262-20-2, Seat Assembly Replacement and Repair.
5. Remove driver's left seatbelt from hull per TM 5-2350-262-20-2, Seatbelt Assembly Replacement.