EQUIPMENT DESCRIPTION AND DATA
EQUIPMENT CHARACTERISTICS, CAPABILITIES, AND FEATURES
1. The M9 ACE with Hydraulic Blade Folder-Track Tensioner (HBF-TT) is designed to fold the blade and adjust
the tracks from the operator's compartment.
2. The M9 ACE with HBF-TT is equipped with the following:
A blade folder system that is operated from the operator's compartment.
A track tensioning system that is operated from the operator's compartment.
LOCATION AND DESCRIPTION OF MAJOR COMPONENTS
Major Components Front.
1. APRON AND DOZER ASSEMBLY (Figure 1, Item 1). Used for earthmoving operations. Can be raised, or
lowered to load and unload material or cargo.
2. HEADLIGHTS (Figure 1, Item 2). Provide light for night driving. Include blackout and infrared lights.
3. UPPER APRON LOCKPINS (Figure 1, Item 3). Lock apron and dozer assembly in raised position as a safety
precaution during maintenance.
4. LOWER APRON LOCKPINS (Figure 1, Item 4). Lock apron and dozer assembly to hull during digging
5. DOZER BLADE LOCKS (Figure 1, Item 5). Means of locking dozer blade in DOWN position for digging with
reusable pin assembly, modified latch, and steel latch block.
6. APRON AND DOZER EXTENSIONS (Figure 1, Item 6). Provide a larger working surface for apron and
dozer. May be removed for transporting vehicle.
7. DOZER BLADE LATCHES (Figure 1, Item 7). Reusable pin assembly locks dozer blade in folded position
during long motor marches and cross-country driving.