OPERATION UNDER USUAL CONDITIONS - TRACK TENSION ADJUSTMENT
Tools and Special Tools
Rule, Steel, Machinist's (TM 10-2350-262-10)
Combat Engineer, 21B
1. This section contains instructions for safely operating the M9 ACE under usual conditions. Unusual
conditions are defined and described in TM 5-2350-262-10.
2. Before operating a new or reconditioned M9 ACE, make sure Field Maintenance services the vehicle.
3. Perform all "After" PMCS listed in Operator Preventive Maintenance Checks and Services (PMCS)
(WP 0018) before operating the M9 ACE to make sure that all adjustments and checks are completed.
4. Review all towing instructions in towing vehicle manual to prepare for coupling and uncoupling operations.
TRACK TENSION ADJUSTMENT
· Ensure that bowl is empty before adjusting track tension. Optimum track adjustment is
when the track is in the tightest possible condition which still allows the vehicle to be
lowered to the digging position.
· It is normal to have short delays during lowering and raising while the Hydraulic Blade
Folder-Track Tensioner (HBF-TT) track adjusting components function.
Start engine (TM 5-2350-262-10).
Place SPRUNG/UNSPRUNG control lever (Figure 1, Item 1) in SPRUNG position and allow suspension
system to stabilize.
Track Tension Adjustment.