1. This work package provides information for identifying and correcting malfunctions that may develop while
operating your M9 ACE.
2. The Troubleshooting Malfunctions/Symptom Index lists common malfunctions that may occur and refers
you to the proper page for a troubleshooting procedure.
3. If you are unsure of the location of an item mentioned in troubleshooting, refer to Troubleshooting
Malfuctions/Symptom Index (WP 0010) or to the maintenance task in this manual where the item is replaced.
4. Before performing troubleshooting, read and follow all safety instructions found in the Warning Summary at
the beginning of this manual.
5. This section cannot list all the malfunctions that may occur, nor all tests or inspections and corrective actions.
If a malfunction is not listed or is not corrected by the corrective action listed, notify your supervisor.
6. When troubleshooting a malfunction:
Locate the symptom or symptoms in the Troubleshooting Malfunctions/Symptom Index that best
describe the malfunction.
Turn the page where the troubleshooting procedures for the malfunction in question are described.
Headings at the top of each page show how each troubleshooting procedure is organized: STEP,
CONDITION/INDICATION, and DECISION. The malfunctions, tests or inspections, and corrective
actions are indented to line up under the appropriate heading.
Perform each step in the order listed until the malfunction is corrected. DO NOT perform any
maintenance task unless the troubleshooting procedure tells you to do so.
EXPLANATION OF COLUMNS
Explanations of the columns in the troubleshooting are as follows:
1. STEP. A visual or operational indication that something is wrong with the M9 ACE.
2. CONDITION/INDICATION. A procedure to isolate the problem in a component or system.
3. DECISION. A procedure to correct the problem.
END OF WORK PACKAGE