OPERATION UNDER UNUSUAL CONDITIONS - CONTINUED
TOWING - CONTINUED
Block wheels of disabled machine.
Place transmission in N (Neutral) and lock (WP
Have Unit Maintenance reverse hydraulic steering
cylinder hose connections on one cylinder only.
This will allow steering cylinders to move freely.
(1) Remove hose clamps from hoses A and B, to
free up hoses.
(2) Disconnect hose A from elbow.
(3) Disconnect hose B from hose C.
(4) Connect hose B to elbow.
(5) Connect hose A to hose C.
Have Unit Maintenance remove front axle shafts.
If scraper bowl is lowered to ground, perform the following to raise bowl:
(1) If bowl is filled, empty bowl.
(2) Use a crane to lift bowl while at the same time pulling bowl control lever in cab to LEFT (raise) position (WP
(3) When bowl reaches maximum height, return bowl control lever to center HOLD position (WP 0004 00).
(4) Remove crane from attachment to bowl.
Release parking brake. Refer to Manual Release of Parking Brake in this work package.
Perform step g if using a towbar and one towing machine.
Connect a medium-duty towbar with standard clevises between towing machine and disabled machine as follows:
(1) Connect towbar to tow pintle of towing machine.
Carefully move towing machine into position. Always use a ground guide and any device necessary to lift
towbar into position without standing directly between machines. Failure to follow this warning may result
in injury or death to personnel.
(2) Position towing machine directly in front of disabled machine. Connect towbar to towing lugs at front of disabled