OPERATION UNDER UNUSUAL CONDITIONS - CONTINUED
OPERATION IN EXTREME HEAT
General. During very hot weather, operating procedures may require altering to prevent machine overheating. Avoid con-
tinuous high engine RPM.
Monitor engine coolant temperature gage. If temperature gage is in the red range:
(1) Stop work.
(2) Idle engine and allow machine to cool down.
(3) If engine coolant temperature does not return to normal after five minutes of idling, notify Unit Maintenance.
· Do NOT service cooling system unless engine has been allowed to cool down. This is a pressurized cooling
system and escaping steam or hot coolant will cause serious burns.
· Do NOT remove cooling system radiator cap when engine is hot. Allow engine to cool down. Failure to follow
this warning may cause serious burns.
· Wear effective eye, glove and skin protection when handling coolants. Failure to follow this warning may
Check cooling system, engine air precleaner, air cleaner, air cleaner restriction indicator, engine oil level and radiator
fins frequently. Perform necessary services and notify Unit Maintenance of any unusual readings or problems.
Notify Unit Maintenance to shorten differential oil change interval.
Park machine under cover, if possible. Cover windshield to protect against sandblasting.
Ensure all tires are inflated to proper pressure.
Check frequently for rust. Clean and lubricate machine to help prevent deterioration.
OPERATION IN MUD OR SOFT SURFACES
It may be advisable to empty bowl to determine mobility in mud or soft surfaces, and to traverse soft areas.
Before entering mud or other soft surfaces, check conditions and engage differential lock. Select appropriate transmission
gear range. Enter soft area at a medium speed for gear range selected.
Maintain steady pressure on accelerator pedal to keep machine rolling until solid ground is reached. Do not accelerate to
point where wheels spin, if possible.
If machine gets stuck, try to pull out slowly in a low gear. Boards, brush or similar materials may be placed under tires to
Notify Unit Maintenance to clean and inspect drive shaft for proper lubrication.