ENGINE, EXHAUST AND COOLING SYSTEM TROUBLESHOOTING PROCEDURES - CONTINUED
TEST OR INSPECTION
Engine Will Not Crank -
1. If engine turns, replace alternator (WP
00) and attempt
to bar over engine
2. If engine still won't turn, go to Test 3.
Check engine for seizure.
a. With fuel injection nozzles
removed, try to turn crankshaft
b. If crankshaft will not rotate, engine
Replace engine assembly (WP 0257 00).
has internal damage.
Engine Cranks, but Will
DO NOT perform fuel system checks, inspections or maintenance while smok-
ing or near fire, flames or sparks. Fuel may ignite, causing damage to machine
and injury or death to personnel.
Verify with operator that correct fuel
1. If incorrect fuel was put in, perform
c. Fill fuel tank with correct fuel (TM
2. If correct fuel was used, go to Test 2.
Check fuel for water or
drain fuel into clean glass container.
If container is 1/4 full of water, or if
dirt is evident, fuel is contaminated.
3. Fill fuel tank with correct grade of clean
fuel (TM 5-3805-248-10).
4. If fuel is not contaminated, go to Step b.