ENGINE, EXHAUST AND COOLING SYSTEM TROUBLESHOOTING PROCEDURES - CONTINUED
TEST OR INSPECTION
Engine Starts but Fails to
Keep Running - Continued.
drain into clean glass container. If
container is 1/4 full of water, or if dirt 2. Replace fuel filters (WP 0037 00 or WP
is evident, fuel is contaminated.
3. Fill fuel tank with correct grade of clean
fuel (TM 5-3805-248-10).
4. If fuel is not contaminated, go to Step b.
1. Clean lines with compressed air and
3. Go to Test 3.
Inspect fuel lines and connections for
1. If a leak is at a connection, tighten.
leaks, obstructions and damage.
2. If a leak results from cracked, split or
damaged tubing, replace tubing (WP
3. If lines are OK, go to Test 4.
Check engine low idle speed.
1. Adjust governor low idle RPM (WP 0274
2. If idle speed is OK, go to Test 5.
Perform cylinder balance test (WP
1. Replace nozzle for suspect cylinder (WP
2. Go to Test 6.
Check for defective or leaking fuel
1. Replace pump(s) (WP 0273 00).
2. Replace transfer pump (WP 0275 00).