ENGINE, EXHAUST AND COOLING SYSTEM TROUBLESHOOTING PROCEDURES - CONTINUED
TEST OR INSPECTION
Lack of Power.
DO NOT perform fuel system checks, inspections or maintenance while smok-
ing or near fire, flames or sparks. Fuel may ignite, causing damage to machine
and injury or death to personnel.
Hot oil or metal parts can cause severe burns. Wear insulated gloves, long
sleeves and eye protection when working with heated parts. Failure to follow
this warning may cause injury.
Compressed air used for cleaning or drying purposes, or for clearing restric-
tions, should never exceed 30 psi (207 kPa). Use protective equipment and exer-
cise caution to avoid injury to personnel.
Check with operator to determine if
1. If incorrect fuel was put in, perform
fuel tank was filled with correct fuel.
c. Fill fuel tank with correct fuel (TM
2. If correct fuel was used, go to Test 2.
Check air cleaner for air restriction
1. Clean air inlet and service air cleaner
2. If no restriction was found, go to Test 3.
Inspect for full governor linkage
1. Adjust governor linkage travel (WP
2. If travel is OK, go to Test 3.
1. Clean lines with compressed air and
3. Go to Test 5.
Inspect fuel lines and connections for
1. If leak is at a connection, tighten.
leaks, obstructions and damage.
2. If a leak results from cracked, split or
damaged tubing, replace tubing (WP
3. If lines are OK, go to Test 6.