ENGINE, EXHAUST AND COOLING SYSTEM TROUBLESHOOTING PROCEDURES - CONTINUED
TEST OR INSPECTION
Excessive Engine Vibra-
DO NOT perform fuel system checks, inspections or maintenance while smok-
ing or near fire, flames or sparks. Fuel may ignite, causing damage to machine
and injury or death to personnel.
Hot oil or metal parts can cause severe burns. Wear insulated gloves, long
sleeves and eye protection when working with heated parts. Failure to follow
this warning may cause injury.
Perform cylinder balance test (WP
1. Replace defective nozzle (WP 0272 00).
2. If nozzle is operating properly, replace
fuel injection pump (WP 0273 00).
3. Go to Test 2.
Check for loose or damaged
1. Tighten crankshaft pulley or vibration
crankshaft pulley or vibration damper.
damper (WP 0260 00).
2. Replace damaged crankshaft pulley or
vibration damper (WP 0260 00).
3. Go to Test 3.
Check fan blade balance.
a. Loosen or remove fan belts (WP
b. Operate engine at RPM where
1. If vibration is not noticeable, replace fan
drive assembly (WP 0282 00).
2. If vibration is noticeable, go to Test 4.
Inspect for loose engine mounting
1. If supports are loose because of wear or
damage, replace support(s) (WP 0258
2. If mounting supports are not damaged
or worn, but are loose, tighten mounting
bolts (WP 0258 00).