ENGINE, EXHAUST AND COOLING SYSTEM TROUBLESHOOTING PROCEDURES - CONTINUED
TEST OR INSPECTION
17. Excessive Fuel
DO NOT perform fuel system checks, inspections or maintenance while smok-
ing or near fire, flames or sparks. Fuel may ignite, causing damage to machine
and injury or death to personnel.
Hot oil or metal parts can cause severe burns. Wear insulated gloves, long
sleeves and eye protection when working with heated parts. Failure to follow
this warning may cause injury.
Check air cleaner for air restriction.
Clean air inlet and service air cleaner filter
Inspect fuel lines and connections for
1. Tighten any loose connections.
2. Replace leaking or damaged fuel lines
3. If lines are OK, go to Test 3.
Check for fuel in engine lubricating
1. Drain engine lubricating oil, install new
oil filter and refill crankcase (WP 0022
2. If no fuel in oil, go to Test 4.
Perform cylinder balance test (WP
1. If fuel pressure at suspect cylinder fuel
injection nozzle appears to be equal to
pressure at all other fuel injection
nozzles, replace fuel injection pump as
necessary (WP 0273 00).
2. If pressures are not equal, remove
blockage from nozzle-to-pump fuel line
or replace nozzle for suspect cylinder
(WP 0272 00).