OPENING PRESSURE ADJUSTMENT
10. 5P4813 Socket
6. Turn pressure adjustment screw (3) clockwise
until the valve opening pressure is
VOP2400 to 2600 psi
(16545 to 17690 kPa)
specifications, make a replacement of the nozzle.
1. Fuel Injection nozzle. 9. 8H8505 Combination
Wrench.10. 5P4813 Socket.
7. Hold pressure adjustment screw (3) and tighten
lock nut (2) just enough so that pressure
adjustment screw (3) will not turn.
8. After the opening pressure adjustment is made,
install lock nut (5) that holds lift adjustment screw
(6). Make the valve lift adjustment. See VALVE LIFT
Valve Lift Adjustment
1. With the valve opening pressure correct, pump
test oil through the fuel injection nozzle.
At the same time, hold locknut (5) and
slowly turn lift adjustment screw (6)
clockwise until the pressure starts to
increase above the opening pressure.
2. To be sure the valve is on the seat, increase the
pressure 200 to 500 psi ( 1380 to 3450 kP
a) more than the opening pressure.
Do not bend the valve or damage the seat by
turning lift adjustment screw (6) with too
NOTE: Some test oil can be at the tip of the fuel
injection nozzle, but a constant flow of drops
(dribble) must not be seen.
1. Fuel Injection nozzle. 7. 8H8502 Combination
Wrench. 8. 5/64" Hex Wrench .
3. Turn lift adjustment screw (6) counter clock wise
3, 4 + 1/8 of a turn.
4. Hold lift adjustment screw (6) with 5/64" hex
wrench (8) and tighten lock nut (5) just
enough so that lift adjustment screw (6)
will not turn.
Tightening Lock nuts and Cap
1. Remove fuel injection nozzle (1) from 5P4150
Nozzle Tester and put it in 8S2250
Nozzle Holding Tool (P).