FUEL INJECTION NOZZLE
1. Fuel Injection nozzle. 2. Lock nut (for pressure
adjustment screw). 3. Pressure adjustment
screw. 4. 1H102 O-ring Seal for cap. 5. Lock
nut (for lift adjustment screw). 6. Lift adjustment
2. Tighten lock nut (2) that holds pressure
adjustment screw (3) to 70 to 80 lb. in.
(8.0 to 9.1N-m).
TIGHTENING PRESSURE SCREW LOCKNUT
11. BS2274 Socket. P. 8S2250 Nozzle Holding Tool.
adjustment screw (6) to 35 to 45 lb. in. (4.0
to 5.1 N.m).
TIGHTENING VALVE LIFT SCREW LOCKNUT
12. 8S1589 Socket.
4. Install new IH1023 O-ring seal (4).
5. Install the cap and tighten to 110 to 120 lb. in.
(12.4 to 13.6 N-m).
Do not tighten the cap more than torque shown
or the new O-ring seal will be damaged.
13. 9S5031 Socket
With adjustments and tests complete, check for
leakage between the cap and the body of the fuel
injection nozzle. See Cap Leakage Test in section
TESTING 9N3979 PENCIL-TYPE FUEL INJECTION