3P2200 TOOL GROUP
1. 3P1540 Calibration Pump. 2. 4N218 Bushing.
3.1P7379 Microgage. 4. 3P1568 Dial Indicator with
3P2226 Collet. 5. 5P6510 Box. 6 3P1545 Calibration
Pin with 17.3734 on it, (in-line engines). 7. 3P1546
Calibration Pin with 15.9410 on it. (Vee engines). 8.
Remove the fuel shut-off solenoid (9), top
cover (1) of the fuel pump housing and the
cover over the torque control group.
2. Remove the fuel that is in the injection pump
housing and the governor housing.
REMOVAL OF COVERS
9. Shut-off solenoid. 10. Top cover.
INSTALLING CALIBRATION PIN
3P1546 Calibration Pin with 15.9410 on
lnstall 3p1546 Calibration pin (7) in the
Install 5P4226 Adapter (13) as shown.
Fasten it in position on the injection pump
housing with a ID4533 bolt (12 and a
5. Put XS7271 Screw (11) in the hole over
calibration pin (7). Tighten screw (11) to 20
to 25 lb. in. (2.3 to 2.8 Nm).
INSTALLING 5P4226 ADAPTER AND 8S7271 SCREW
11. Screw. 12 1D4533 Bolt. 13. 5P4226 Adapter. 14.
6. Adjust low idle screw (15) to position Iever
(16) to .35 ± .04 in. (8.0 + 1.0 mm) from
governor housing boss.
ADJUSTMENT OF LOW IDLE SCREW
15. Low idle screw. 16. Lever.
Use the 8S2243 Wrench and remote the
fuel injection pumps to be checked.
NOTE: If pump is removed carefull3y, the sleeve will
remain on the plunger. If the sleeve falls off the
pump plunger during removal, find it immediately
and replace it on the pump plunger before removal
of another pump. The original sleeve must remain
with the same pump plunger.