When making an analysis of the hydraulic system,
a standard procedure of checking must be used, This
method of checking the system will follow these steps in
1. Visual checks.
2. Performance tests.
3. Instrument tests.
1. Remove the cap for the hydraulic tank to release
any pressure and tighten the cap again.
2. If the machine is not already so equipped, install
the correct filter cover assembly.
3. Start the engine.
4. Move the ejector fully forward.
5. Stop the engine.
WARNING: Do not install the adapter in the
supply line for the pump with the engine
running. Injury to personnel can result.
6. Remove the plug for the tee test from the supply
line for the pump. Install the correct adapter.
NOTE: Install the adapter as rapidly as possible to keep
the oil loss at a minimum.
7. Install the return line assembly. Connect the
return line assembly and the adapter for the
pump supply line to the flow meter with the
correct connecting hose assemblies.
NOTE: A plain coupler will not open valve in the adapter
for the supply line or return line assembly.
8. Return the ejector to the rear position.
9. Install the tachometer generator with the correct
drive. Install the cable between the generator
and the input connection for the tachometer
(rpm) on the flow meter.
10. Connect the safety link to hold the articulated
PREPARATION OF SYSTEM FOR TEST
1. Open the manual load valve fully (turn
2. The steering wheel must be turned constantly.
3. With the engine at test rpm, slowly turn the
manual load valve clockwise until the pressure
goes up to 1000 psi.
WARNING: The tractor will articulate (turn) to the
right until it is against the stop.
4. Look at the oil temperature.
5. When the oil temperature is 100° F, turn the
manual load valve clockwise until the pressure is
6. When the temperature is 160° F, disconnect the
7. Move the steering cylinders several times through
full cylinder travel.
8. Move the cylinders through their cycles as long as
necessary to get the desired oil temperature of
150° F all through the system.
9. Connect the safety link.
SYSTEM TEST (CHART A)
Write Down The Basic Test Data
NOTE: Conditions in the hydraulic system must be
constant before writing down the test data. The steering
wheel must be turned constantly. Best results are found
when the oil temperature is 150 + 50 F. Make sure the
brake accumulator is not operating while taking test data.
1. Open the manual load valve fully.
2. Hold the steering wheel in the RIGHT TURN
3. With the engine at test rpm, slowly close the
manual load valve until the oil flow through the
flow meter stops (0 gpm).
4. Write down the pressure.