I. Put identification on electric wires (I) and (2)as to their location on the
alternator. Disconnect the wires from the alternator.
2. Loosen bolt (3) and nut (5) on the belt tightener adjustment rod and
remove the two vee belts from the alternator pulley.
3. Remove bolt (4) that holds the adjustment rod to the alternator.
4. Remove bolt (3), the nut and lock washer. Remove the alternator
from the machine.
1. If a new pulley has been installed on alternator (i), tighten the nut that
holds it to a torque of 75 + 5 lb. ft. (100 + 7 N. m). 2. Put
alternator (1) in position on the machine.
3. Install bolt (2), the lock washer and nut to hold the alternator. Do not
tighten bolt (2) until the vee belts are adjusted.
4. Install vee belts (7) on the alternator pulley.
5 Install bolt (4) to hold the adjustment rod (3) to the alternator.
6. Tighten the nut on adjustment rod (3) to make an adjustment of belts
(7). Measure the outside belt toward the radiator, with a belt
tension gauge such as Burroughs Tool Company Part No. BT- 33-
96-4-16 or an equivalent. The correct gauge indication is 120 + 5.
7. Tighten bolt (2).
8. Connect electrical wires (5) and (6) to their correct location on the