8. Scribe a line on the pinion drive, shift lever and
starting motor housings for correct alignment at
9. Remove six bolts (14) and pinion drive housing
10. If necessary remove the O-ring seal and bushing
from the drive housing.
11. Remove the plug, nut (15) and the plunger
assembly from the shift lever housing.
12. Remove retainer (16) with tool (A). Remove shift
lever pin (18) and the O-ring seals from the pin if
13. Remove pinion drive assembly (17) and the shift
14. Remove the brake disc from the armature shaft.
Remove five bolts (20), shift lever housing
assembly (19) and the washer. Remove the
outside O-ring seals if necessary.
15. Remove the lip-type seal and bushing from the shift