REMOVE EXHAUST MANIFOLDS
a)remove crankcase guard
b)remove air cleaner housing and panel assembly (for right
1. To remove the left exhaust manifold tilt the cab.
See this procedure in REMOVE ENGINE.
2. Remove nuts (1) and the bolts to disconnect the exhaust pipe
assembly from the exhaust manifold.
3. Bend the tabs of locks (2) from bolts (3) and remove the bolts,
locks, exhaust manifold (4) and the gaskets from the
INSTALL EXHAUST MANIFOLDS
1. Put gaskets (2) and exhaust manifold (1) in position on the
2. Put 9M3710 Anti-Seize Compound on the threads of bolts (3)
and install locks (4) and the bolts. Tighten the bolts
to a torque of 32 + 5 lb.ft. (43 + 7 N.m). Bend the
tabs of the locks on the bolts.
NOTE: Locks must be bent on a flat side of the bolt head. Bolts
must be turned no more than 30° of a turn for the alignment of the
locks with a flat side of the bolt head after they are tightened. Do
not loosen the bolts to make this alignment.
3. Put exhaust pipe assembly (5) in position on the exhaust
manifold. Put 9M37 10 Anti-Seize Compound on the
threads of the bolts. Install the bolts and nuts to hold
the pipe assembly to the manifold.
4Lower the cab see INSTALL ENGINE for this procedure.
a)install air cleaner housing and panel assembly (for right exhaust
b)Install crankcase guard