FUEL INJECTION PUMP HOUSING AND GOVERNOR
REMOVE FUEL INJECTION PUMP HOUSING AND
Bolt (1/4"-20 NC x 1" long)2
Flat Washer 1/4"2
a) remove tachometer drive
b) remove fuel injection lines and air inlet
1. Remove the vee belts from the front of the engine.
2. Disconnect control cable (1) from the governor control
3. Remove bolt (2) from the governor housing.
4. Turn the crankshaft clockwise, as seen from the front of
the engine, until tool (A) can be installed in the groove
(slot) in the fuel injection pump camshaft.
5. Install tooling (B) into the camshaft drive gear for the fuel
injection pump. Turn the bolts evenly until the drive gear
is free of the camshaft. Remove tooling (B).
NOTE: If the engine is in time with the fuel injection pump, the
crankshaft need not be turned to install the bolt in Step 6.
6. Remove plug (3) from the timing gear cover and install a
5/16"-18 NC bolt 2 1/2 in. long. Cover bolt (4) can be
used. Turn the crankshaft clockwise, as seen from the
front of the engine, until the bolt can be installed into the
timing gear and is in the center of the timing hole. The
camshaft for the fuel injection pump is now in correct
time to the engine.
7. Remove the two bolts and washers that hold the base of
the fuel injection pump housing to the engine.
8. Pull the fuel injection pump housing and governor out of
the timing gear cover and remove the unit and fuel drain