FUEL INJECTION PUMP HOUSING AND GOVERNOR
INSTALL FUEL INJECTION PUMP HOUSING AND
1. Turn the fuel injection pump camshaft until tool (A) can be
installed in the groove of the camshaft.
2. Put the large O-ring seal in position on the front of the fuel
injection pump housing and put the small O-ring seal in
the top of the cylinder block. Put clean engine oil on the
3. Put the fuel injection pump housing and governor in position
on the engine. Make sure the fuel injection pump
camshaft is in the drive gear and the bolt holes in the
housing are in alignment with the bolt holes in the engine.
Install the two bolts and washers that hold the unit in
4. Install washer (1) and the sleeve for the tachometer drive.
Tighten the sleeve to a torque of 110 10 lb.ft. (149 + 14
5. To make a check of the timing, remove tool (A) and bolt (3).
Turn the crankshaft two revolutions and install tool (A) and
bolt (3) again. If tool (A) or bolt (3) can not be installed,
the fuel injection pump camshaft must be put into time
before Step 6 is done.
6. Remove bolt (3) from the timing gear and install it in cover
hole (2). Install the plug into the timing hole.
7. Put the fuel drain (bleed) lines (4) in the clip on the side of
8. Remove tool (A) and install the seal and bolt (6).
9. Connect governor control linkage (5) to the governor control
lever end by:
a) install fuel injection lines and air inlet manifold
b) install tachometer drive