FUEL INJECTION PUMPS
REMOVE FUEL INJECTION PUMPS
CAUTION: Before any service work is to be done on this fuel
system, the outer surface of the injection pump housing must
NOTE: The fuel injection pump housing and governor has
been removed from the engine for illustration purposes.
1. Remove the flange (1) and the flange assembly from the
2. Remove the cover (2) from the pump housing.
3. Remove the bypass valve (3) and springs from the pump
4. Install tooling (A) on the fuel injection pump and loosen the
bushing from the pump housing.
NOTE: Do not loosen the screws (4) that hold the levers to the
shaft when the pumps are removed or installed. If the levers
are moved, fuel pump calibration will be changed.
5. Remove the fuel injection pump (5) from the pump housing.
The sleeve (6) on the plunger will slide off the lever as the
pump is removed.
6. Do Steps 4 and 5 for the remainder of the pumps.