FUEL INJECTION PUMPS
INSTALL FUEL INJECTION PUMPS
1. Turn the camshaft until the lifter for the pump to be installed is at its
2. Install the fuel injection pump (1) in the bore of the pump housing.
3. The sleeve (2) will be engaged with the lever when the pump is
CAUTION: If the levers have been moved on the shaft, fuel pump
calibration must be made. (See Testing and Adjusting).
4. Tighten the bushing with tooling (A) to a torque of 70 + 5 lb. ft.
(94.9 + 6.8 N.m).
5. Do Steps I through 4 for the remainder of the pumps.
6. Install the bypass valve and spring (3) in the pump housing.
7. Install the cover (5) on the pump housing. Be sure the spring (3) is
in the bore in the cover.
8. Install the flange (4) and the flange assembly on the cover.