DISASSEMBLE ROCKER SHAFTS
a) remove rocker shafts and push rods
1. Remove bolts (I), locks (2) and tile washers from each
end of the rocker shaft.
2. Remove shaft (3) from bracket (4).
3.Remove rocker arm assemblies (7) and the washers
from shaft (3).
4. Remove screw (5) and nut (6) from rocker arm
ASSEMBLE ROCKER SHAFTS
1. Make sure the oil holes in the rocker arm assemblies,
rocker shaft and bracket are clean and free of all dirt and
2. Measure the bore of the bushing in each of the rocker arms.
The bore must be .8603 + .0008 in. (21.852 -t 0.020 mm).
The maximum permissible bore is .8630 in. (21.920 mm).
NOTE: Make a replacement of the arm and bushing as a unit if
the bore is not correct. The arms and bushings can not be
3. Measure the diameter of the shaft at each of the rocker arm
locations. The diameter must be .8580 to .8588 in.
(21.793 to 21.814 mm). The minimum permissible
diameter is .8570 in. (21.768 mm).
4. Install the screws and nuts (2) into rocker arm assemblies
(4). Turn the screws until they are .44 in. (I 1 .2 mm)
below the bottom of the rocker arm assemblies.
Install the rocker arm assemblies and washers (3) on
shaft (I) as shown.