ROCKER SHAFTS, CYLINDER HEADS
6. Put shaft (I) and the rocker arm assemblies in position on bracket
(5) with the adjustment screws on the same side as the oil hole
on the bottom of the bracket.
7. Make sure the flat surfaces on shaft (I) are turned up. Install locks
(7), the washers and bolts (6). Tighten the bolts to a torque of
18 5 lb. ft. (24 7 N m). end by:
a) install rocker shafts and push rods
REMOVE CYLINDER HEADS
Tools Needed A
5P7308 Water Sleeve Tool 1
a) remove alternator
b) remove air compressor
c) remove air cleaner housing and panel assembly
d) remove belt tightener (water pump)
e) remove exhaust manifolds
f) remove fuel injection lines and air inlet manifold
g) remove rocker shafts and push rods
h) remove fuel injection nozzles
1. Drain the coolant from the cooling system.
2. Remove bolts (1), the washers, plate (2) and the gasket from
the timing gear cover.
3. Remove bolt (3) and the washer that holds the guide for the oil
4. Remove bolts (5) and the washers to remove alternator
bracket (4) from the engine.