5. Remove tube assemblies (6) and (7) from the engine.
6. Remove nut (8) and move junction block (9) to the rear of the
machine. NOTE: Make sure all fuel line openings are covered
to keep dirt and foreign material out of the fuel system.
7. Remove clamp (I 11) from water sleeves (10) in each cylinder
head. Push the water sleeves into the timing gear cover with
CAUTION: Make sure the fuel injection nozzles are removed before
the cylinder heads are removed. The fuel injection nozzles go
through the cylinder heads and the nozzle tips can be broken off if
the nozzles are not removed from the heads.
8. Install a locknut on each eyebolt and install two 3/8" x 16 NC and
one 7/16" x 14 NC forged eyebolts in the cylinder head as
9. Fasten a hoist to the cylinder head and remove the bolts that hold
it in position. Remove the cylinder head and gasket. The
weight of the cylinder head is 120 lb. (54 kg).