a) remove cylinder heads
1. Fasten a hoist and put the cylinder head in position on tool (A). Use
adapter plates (I) from tooling (A) to hold the head in place.
2. Put the valve springs under compression with tool (C).
3.Remove the locks from the valves.
4. Remove tool (C), retainer, spring, washer and valve from the
cylinder head. Put identification on the valve as to its location in
the cylinder head.
5. Check the valve spring force with tool (B). Spring force must be 35
5 lb. (155 - 22 N) when the length of the spring force is 1.715
in. (43.56 mm).
6. Do Steps 2 through 5 for the remainder of the valves.
7. Remove the valve seat inserts with tooling (D).
NOTE: The valve guides are part of the cylinder head. Measure the
bore in each valve guide .75 in. (19.0 1mm) from the outside edge on
both ends of each valve guide. The bore must be .3745 + .0005 in.
(9.512 0.013 mm). The maximum permissible bore is .3760 in.
mm).Valve guides worn more than the maximum specification can be
made to the original size by knurling.