ASSEMBLE CYLINDER HEADS
Valve Seat Insert
Valve Keeper Inserter
1. Clean and remove burrs and all foreign material from the salve
2. Lower the temperature of the valve seat inserts and install
them with tooling (A).
CAUTION: Do not make the diameter of the extractor (part of
tooling A) in valve seat insert larger when the insert is installed in
the cylinder head.
3. Grind the valve inserts according to specifications given in
4. Put clean engine oil on the valve stem. Install the sale, washer
(3). spring (2) and retainer (I) in the cylinder head.
5. Put the valve spring under compression with tool
6. Install the locks on the valve stem with tool (B).
WARNING: Make sure locks (4) are in their correct position
on the valve. The locks can be thrown from the valve when tool
(C) is released if the locks are not in their correct position on the
7. Remove tool (C) and hit the valve with a rubber hammer to be
sure the locks are in their correct position.
8. Do Steps 4 through 7 for the remainder of the valves.
a) install cylinder heads