VALVE LIFTERS, OIL PAN
REMOVE AND INSTALL VALVE LIFTERS
a) remove cylinder heads
1. Remove valve lifters (2) with magnet (I).
2. Put identification on each lifter as to its location in the engine for
3. Put clean engine oil on the valve lifters and camshaft lobes.
4. Install the valve lifters (2) in their original positions in the cylinder
a) install cylinder heads
REMOVE OIL PAN
a) remove crankcase guard
1. Drain the oil from the oil pan.
2. Remove bolts (I ) that hold oil pan (2) in position and lower the oil pan
from the machine.
3.Remove the oil pan gasket.
INSTALL OIL PAN
1. Put the oil pan gasket in position.
2. Lift oil pan (I) into position and install the bolts to hold it. Tighten the
bolts to a torque of 17 3 Ib.ft. (23 N m). Fill the engine with
clean oil to the correct level.
a) install crankcase guard