a) remove cylinder heads
b) remove oil pan
1 Remove the carbon from the top inside surface of the cylinders
with tool (A).
2. Turn the crankshaft until pistons arc at bottom center.
3. Remove connecting rod caps (I) from the two connecting rods.
Put pieces of rubber hose or tape on the threads of the
connecting rod bolts as protection for the crankshaft.
4. Push the pistons and connecting rods away) from the
crankshaft until the piston rings are above the cylinder block.
5. Remove the two pistons (2) and the connecting rods. Keep
each connecting rod cap with its respective connecting rod
and piston. Put identification on each connecting rod as to its
location for use at installation.
CAUTION: Do not turn the crankshaft while any of the connecting
rods are in the engine & without the caps installed.
6. Do Steps 2 through 5 for the remainder of the pistons.