TIMING GEAR COVER AND OIL PUMP,
GOVERNOR AND FUEL INJECTION PUMP DRIVE
13. Install the gasket and elbow (10).
14. Install idler pulley (8), the washers and bolts (9)
to hold the pulley in position.
15. Install the rear oil filter on the oil cooler.
16. Put suction bell assembly (11) in position and
install the bolts and locks that hold it to the oil
17. Remove the crankshaft pulley bolt from the
a) install oil pan
b) install crankshaft pulley
c) install tachometer drive
d) install air compressor
REMOVE GOVERNOR AND FUEL
INJECTION PUMP DRIVE
Bolt (1/4-20 NC x 1 in. long)
a) remove timing gear cover and oil pump
1. Remove the bolt and seal from the governor
housing and install tool (A).
2. Turn the crankshaft clockwise, as seen from the
front of the engine, until tool (A) can be installed
in the groove (slot) in the fuel injection pump
3. Remove sleeve (I) and washer (2) from the fuel
injection pump camshaft.
4. Remove the screw and washer (4) to remove
drive gear (3) from the camshaft.