GOVERNOR AND FUEL INJECTION PUMP DRIVE
5. Install tooling (B) into driven gear (5). Turn the
bolts evenly until gear (5) is free of the fuel
injection pump camshaft. Remove gear (5). Re-
move tooling (B) from gear (5).
INSTALL GOVERNOR AND FUEL
INJECTION PUMP DRIVE
1. Put 5P960 Multipurpose Type Grease on the
dowels of the camshaft gear.
2. Put drive gear (1) in position on the camshaft
3. Install washer (2), the pin and the screw to hold
gear (1). Tighten the screw to 70 5 lb. in. (8.0
0.6 Nm). Move the metal (stake) on the
outside face of gear (1) in two places around the
screw to hold it in position.
4. Put gear (3) in position on the fuel injection pump
camshaft and install the washer and sleeve (4) for
the tachometer drive. Tighten the sleeve to a
torque of 110 10 lb. ft. (149 14 Nm).
5. Remove tool (A) and install bolt (5) and the seal
in the governor housing.
a) install timing gear cover and oil pump