OIL PUMP AND RELIEF VALVE
INSTALL OIL PUMP AND
1. Thoroughly clean all of the parts. Put oil on all of
2. If the bearing was removed from the timing gear
cover, install a nest bearing with tool (A). Make
sure the joint in the bearing is installed in the
position as shown in illustration.
3. Install inner rotor (2) and outer rotor (I) in the
timing gear cover.
4. Measure the clearance between the rotors with a
feeler gauge. The clearance must be .002 to .006
in. (0.05 to 0. 15 mm). The maximum permissi-
ble clearance is .009 in. (0.23 mm).
NOTE: Make a replacement of BOTH rotors if the
clearance is not correct. The rotors can not be ordered
5. Put the plunger and spring in position and push
the guide into the cover with a press until the lip
on the guide is even with the finished surface on
the cover. Make sure the flat surface on the guide
is in alignment with the setscrew. Tighten the
6. Put cover (3) in position on the timing gear
cover. Install the locks and bolts (4).
7. Check the oil pump end clearance with a feeler
gauge. The end clearance must be .004 + .002
in. (0.10 0.05 mm).
NOTE: If the clearance is not correct, make a replace-
ment of BOTH rotors or cover (3). The rotors can not be
a) install timing gear cover and oil pump