TRACTOR WHEEL ASSEMBLIES, BEARINGS AND SEALS
REMOVE TRACTOR WHEEL ASSEMBLIES,
BEARINGS AND SEALS
a) remove tractor rim and tire
b) remove brake head assemblies
c) remove final drives
1. Remove the lockwlre and lock (I).
2. Fasten a hoist to the %assembly.
3. Use tool (A) and remove the nut that holds the wheel
assembly on the spindle
4. Use tool (B) and a hoist to remove the final drive ring gear
and hub assembly. Weight of the final drive ring gear
and hub assembly is 70 lb.(32 kg).
5. Remove the wheel assembly. Weight of the wheel
assembly is 180 lb.(82 kg).
6. Remove the inner half of the Duo-Cone floating seal (2)
from the spindle. Remove the rubber toric sealing ring
from the metal floating ring.