INPUT TRANSFER GEARS AND TRANSMISSION
SEPARATION OF INPUT TRANSFER
GEARS FROM TRANSMISSION
a) remove transmission and transfer gears
b) remove parking brake
1. Fasten a hoist to the transmission and transfer
gears. Put the transmission and transfer gears on
wood blocks as shown. Weight of the transmis-
sion and transfer gears is 1250 lb. (563 kg).
2. Remove bolt (I) and bolts (2).
3. Install two 3/8"-16 NC forged eyebolts in the
input transfer gear housing.
4. Fasten a hoist and remove the input transfer
gears. Weight of the input transfer gears and
housing is 140 lb. (63 kg).
CONNECTION OF INPUT TRANSFER
GEARS TO TRANSMISSION
1. Fasten a hoist to the input transfer gear housing.
2. Put the input transfer gears in position on the
transmission and tighten the bolts.
CAUTION: Do not damage the seal ring on the end of
the transmission shaft when the transfer gears are instal-
a) install the transmission and transfer gears
b) install parking brake