1. If necessary, make a replacement of dowels (3) in No. 6
clutch housing (2) so they extend the same height as the
2. Lower the temperature of bearing (4) and install it in No. 6
clutch housing (2).
3. Install ring (1) to hold bearing in position.
4. Install the pistons and seal rings in all of the clutch housings
a) Put clean oil on the seal rings.
b) Install seal rings (6) in the clutch housings.
c) Install seal rings (7) in pistons (5).
d) Make sure the seal rings are in the centers of
their respective grooves. Lightly push the
pistons into position in the housings.
CAUTION: Be extra careful when the pistons are installed in
the housings. Seal rings with damage or broken seal rings can
be the result of too much force used or the pistons not in
alignment with the housings.
5. Install two 3/8- 16 NC forged eyebolts in No. 6 clutch
housing (2) and install the clutch housing and piston in the
output transfer gear case.
6. Install retainer (8), the three locks and tighten the bolts.
7. Install gear (9) and pins (II) in No. 6 clutch housing.
8. Install three disc assemblies (10) and two plates (12). Start
with a disc assembly.