DIFFERENTIAL AND CARRIER ASSEMBLY (LOCK TYPE)
8. Remove spring pin (7) and shims (8) from carrier
assembly (6). Put identification on the shims for
9. Bend the tab of the lock from nut (9). Use tool
(D) and remove nut (9), the lock and nut (10)
from the pinion shaft.
10. Remove the pinion shaft from the pinion housing
with tooling (B).
11. Remove the small bearing cone and O-ring seal
on the bottom of the pinion housing.
12. Remove bearing cups (11) and (12) from the
13. Remove the large bearing cone from the pinion
shaft with tooling (C).