DIFFERENTIAL AND CARRIER ASSEMBLY (LOCK TYPE)
CAUTION: Make a replacement of the thrust washers
for the side gears and the thrust washers for the pinions
as a set.
8. Install pinions (10) and thrust washers (I I) on
spider (9) as shown.
9. Install spider (9) in case (3).
10. Install side gear (13) and thrust washer (12) with
the groove in the washer next to the gear.
11. Heat bearing cone (14) in oil to a maximum
temperature of 275°F (135°C) and install it on
12. Put case (15) in position on case (3) with the
mark on case (15) in alignment with the mark on
13. Install the bolts, nuts (16) and cotter pins that
hold the differential cases together.