TRANSFER GEARS (INPUT)
(1) Torque for bolt that holds flange to output gear 805 lb. ft. (1097 N M)
(2) Put a small amount of the lubricant being sealed on lip of seal. Install
the seal with lip toward the bearing cup.
(3) Torque for the nut 150 t 10 lb. R. (204. 14 N m)
TRANSFER GEARS (OUTPUT)
NOTE: Install idler gear (4) with bearing assembly and idler shaft (5) into
the case assembly and tighten bolts (6) before checking end clearance of
input gear (3) and output shaft (11).
(2) Add or remove shims (1) to get end clearance of input shaft of .003 to
.005 in. (0.08 to 0.13 mm)
(7) End clearance after new bearing Is assembled (no adjustment
.003 to 0.013 in. (0.08 to 0.33 mm)
(9) Add or remove shims (8) to get end clearance of bearings on output
003 to .005 in. (0.08 to 0.13 mm)
(10) Torque for bolt that holds yoke to the output shaft
805 lb. ft. (109
. 7 N m)
(12) Put 7M7260 Liquid Gasket in bore of the cages for the seals and let
dry before installing seals. Do not put Liquid Gasket on case of the
seals. Put a small amount of the lubricant being sealed on lip of the
seals. Install the seals with lip toward the bearing cup.