ADJUSTMENT OF ELEVATOR CHAIN
(1) Distance from bottom of elevator frame to top of chain
(chain slack, measured half way between sprocket and lower
roller at loop) .......................... . 7.50 - 1.50 in. (190.5 - 38.1 mm)
(2) Torque for nuts on bolts through flight
and chain link assembly ......... 100 to 125 Ib.ft. (136 to 170 N.m)
Adjustment Procedure for Wheel Bearings:
1. Fasten a rope to the studs for nuts (2) with at least two full
wraps around the outside circumference.
2. Fasten a spring scale to the free end of the rope.
3. While the wheel is turned, tighten nut (4) until a pull of 5 lbs.
(2.3 kg) is the indication on the scale.
4. Install the lock, and outer nut (5).
5. While cover (8) is removed, hit the end of shaft (10) with a
hammer until bolts (6) cannot be tightened to more than 200
to 220 lb. ft. (272 to 299 N m)
6. Install shims (9) to have dimension (A) of .125 in. (3.17 mm)
minimum between plate (7) and end of shaft (10).