LINES, PLUGS AND FITTINGS
HYDRAULIC LINE INSTALLATION
1. For a metal tube to hose installation, install the tube and tighten all bolts
2. Tighten the bolts at the rigid end.
3. Install the hose and tighten all bolts finger tight.
4. Put the hose in a position so that it does not make contact with the
machine or another hose.
5. Tighten the bolts on both connections.
6. Start the engine.
7. Move the implement control levers to all positions.
8. Look at the hose during movement of the implement.
Make sure hose is not in contact with the machine or
9. Shut off the engine.
10. If necessary, put the hose in a new position where it
will not make contact when the implement is moved.
ASSEMBLY OF FITTINGS WITH
STRAIGHT THREADS AND O-RING SEALS
This type of fitting is used in many applications.
The tube end of the fitting will be different in design so
that it can be used in many different applications.
However, the installation procedure of the fitting is the
same. If the tube end of the fitting body is the same as
in the illustration (either an elbow or a straight body) it will
be necessary to assemble the sleeve on the tube before
connecting the tube to the end.
ELBOW BODY ASSEMBLY
1. End of fitting body (connects to tube). 2. Fitting
body. 3. Locknut. 4. Backup washer. 5. O-ring
seal. 6. End of fitting that goes into other part.
1. Put locknut (3), backup washer (4) and O-ring seal
(5) as far back on fitting body (2) as possible. Hold these
components in this position. Turn the fitting into the part
it is used on, until backup washer (4) just makes contact
.with the face of the part it is used on.
2. To put the fitting assembly in its correct position turn
the fitting body (2) out (counterclockwise) a maximum of
359. Tighten locknut (3) finger tight.
NOTE: If the fitting is a connector (straight fitting) the hex
on the body takes the place of the locknut. To install this
type fitting tighten the hex against the face of the part it
TORQUES FOR FLARED
AND O-RING FITTINGS
The torques shown in the chart that follows are to be
used on the nut part of 37 Flared, 45 Flared and
Inverted Flared fittings (when used with steel tubing), O-
ring plugs, O-ring fittings and swivel nuts when used in
applications to 3000 psi (20700 kPa).