ELEVATOR CHAIN ASSEMBLY, ELEVATOR FLIGHTS
4. Install lockpin (2) in the pin.
5Fasten elevator chain so it can not move. Fasten a hoist to the
flight. Lift the chain until the weight is off the roller.
6. Install bolts (3). Tighten bolts (3) and (4) to a torque of 300 to
315 Ib. ft. (410 to 430 N. m).
7. Do Steps 3, 4, 5 and 6 to connect the chain on the other side.
8. Fasten a hoist to guard (5) and put it in position on machine.
Install the six bolts to hold it in place.
REMOVE ELEVATOR FLIGHTS
1. Fasten a hoist to elevator flight (1) and remove the eight nuts
2. Remove the elevator flight. The weight of the flight is 60 lb. (27
3. Remove the other fifteen flights as in Step 2.
INSTALL ELEVATOR FLIGHTS
NOTE: Use 5P960 Multipurpose Type Grease on bolts and nuts.
1. Fasten a hoist to elevator flight (I) and put it in position on the
chain. Install the bolts and nuts that hold the flight to the chain.
Tighten the nuts to a torque of 10to 125 lb. ft. (135 to 170N.
2. Install the other fifteen flights as in Step 1.