ELEVATOR DRIVE SPROCKETS AND SPEED REDUCER
REMOVE ELEVATOR DRIVE SPROCKETS AND SPEED REDUCER
1. Drain the oil from the speed reducer.
2. Fasten a hoist to elevator hydraulic motor (3) and remove two
bolts (1). Remove bolts (2) from the bracket. Slide the motor
out of the speed reducer and lower the motor and guard over the
side of the bowl.
3. Remove the guard and make a separation of the elevator chain.
See Remove Elevator Chain Assembly.
4. Fasten a hoist to the shaft and the speed reducer. Remove bolts
(4) and washer (6). Remove pin (5) from the bottom of the
speed reducer with a punch and hammer.
5. Remove the speed reducer, drive shaft and drive sprockets as a
unit. The weight of the unit is 570 lb. (257 kg).
6. Fasten a hoist to the shaft. Remove eight nuts and bolts (9) that
hold speed reducer (7) and drive sprockets (8) to drive shaft
(10). Remove the drive shaft. The weight of the drive shaft is
176 lb. (79 kg). The weight of the speed reducer is 365 lb. (164