ELEVATOR DRIVE SPROCKETS AND SPEED REDUCER
INSTALL ELEVATOR DRIVE SPROCKETS AND SPEED
NOTE: Make sure the manufacturing numbers on the sprockets are
toward the speed reducer and are in alignment with each other.
1. Fasten a hoist to drive shaft (1). Put the speed reducer (3) and
sprockets (2) in position on the drive shaft (I) and install eight
bolts and nuts. Tighten the nuts to a torque of 90 to 110 Ib. ft.
(120 to 149 N m).
NOTE: Use 5P960 Multipurpose Type Grease on bolts and nuts.
2. Fasten a hoist to the speed reducer and the drive shaft and
install on the elevator.
3. With the groove up, install pin (4) that holds the speed reducer to
the elevator. Install the washer in the groove of the pin. Install
4. Connect the chain and install the guard. See Install Elevator
5. Fasten a hoist to elevator hydraulic motor (5) and install the
motor in the speed reducer. Install bolts (6) and the bolts that
hold the motor in position.
6. With the housing level, fill housing with SAE 80 oil to the "FILL
LEVEL" plug opening (on side of the housing). DO NOT
OVERFILL. Install plug and give oil time to drain down into
housing. Remove FILL LEVEL" plug and let all extra oil drain
out. Install plug.