TROUBLESHOOTING PROCEDURES - BLADE WILL NOT FOLD OR UNFOLD IN SPRUNG MODE
Tools and Special Tools
Tool Kit, General Mechanic's: Automotive
Parts Kit, Hydraulic (WP 0071, Table 1, Item 4)
Construction Equipment Repairer, 91L (Two)
· This work package contains information on locating faults and causes of malfunctions
that may develop in the M9 ACE with HBF-TT system. An alphabetical listing of symptoms
is provided, as well as a symptom index.
· Before you begin troubleshooting, make sure the defect is real. If possible, talk to the
operator or mechanic that reported the problem. Look for any other problems that could
cause the system or component to malfunction, such as a switch or lever in the wrong
position. Refer to Operation Under Unusual Conditions (WP 0008) for correct operating
procedures. Check fluid levels as shown in TM 5-2350-262-10.
· Many faults can be located by a good visual inspection. Look for leaks, loose or corroded
connections, damaged controls, and loose or damaged linkages.
· For specific hydraulic troubleshooting symptoms not found in this manual, refer to
· When working on the hydraulic system, follow the general hydraulic system repair
methods and refer to the general hydraulic system troubleshooting procedures.
· When trying to isolate a fault, review the past maintenance record on the affected vehicle.
Although it doesn't happen often, an incomplete or poorly performed maintenance task
may lead to another problem.
· Wherever the word "lubricate" appears, see Operator Preventive Maintenance Checks
· Malfunctions, test or inspections, and corrective actions are listed/indented according to
the heading at the top of each page.
· No attempt should be made to fold or unfold blade in UNSPRUNG mode.