TROUBLESHOOTING PROCEDURES - CONTINUED
Table 1. Troubleshooting Procedures - Continued.
TEST OR INSPECTION
STEERING - CONTINUED
Steering is Erratic.
1. Check hydraulic oil level.
1. If oil level is low, fill to correct
is okay, go to test step 2.
2. Check for air bubbles in
2. If air bubbles are observed in
hydraulic oil in reservoir.
hydraulic oil, notify Unit
Turning Steering Wheel is Difficult.
1. Oil is too cold.
1. If problem still exists after
normal operating temperature
is reached, go to test step 2.
2. Check hydraulic oil level.
2. If oil level is low, fill to correct
Machine Moves When Shift Lever is in
Notify Unit Maintenance.
Check transmission oil level.
If transmission oil is low, fill to
problem still exists, notify Unit
1. If temperature exceeds 265F
1. Observe torque converter oil
Torque Converter Oil Temperature
(129C), go to test step 2.
temperature gage for an
Alert Indicator and Action Light Come
On (Indicates Overheating During
2. Select proper transmission
2. Ensure proper transmission
range is selected for machine
range. If proper range was
used, go to test step 3.
3. Reduce load and continue to
3. If problem still exists, go to test
Before checking oil level, ensure that machine is parked on level ground, parking brake applied,
transmission in N (Neutral) and locked, oil warm, engine at low idle, ejector moved fully forward,
and scraper bowl lowered with slight downward pressure applied.
4. Check transmission oil level.
4. If transmission oil is low, fill to
level is okay, and problem still