WARRANTY INFORMATION (CATERPILLAR, INC.) - CONTINUED
ADMINISTRATIVE INFORMATION - CONTINUED
(4) If the Caterpillar dealer disputes your warranty claim and you feel the claim is valid, contact Caterpillar Defense
and Federal Products at (309) 578-3295 for a review of the claim.
(1) Any warranty repairs made by the user are at the user's expense.
(2) Government repairs do NOT void Caterpillar warranty. Government is fully responsible for the repair and/or any
maintenance induced failures due to the repair.
Warranty Dispute. If Caterpillar Defense and Federal Products declines to perform repairs on items for which you
believe the Government has a valid warranty claim:
Perform the repairs yourself; use your own repair parts.
Immediately report the situation using DA Form 2407 (or DA Form 5504).
(1) Record "Warranty Dispute" and complete description of the failure.
(2) Enter name, activity, and telephone number of the person submitting the warranty dispute.
(3) Enter the name, address, and telephone number of the Caterpillar representative or dealership that refused the
(4) Give specific reasons for the refusal.
(5) Enter the specific facts/evidence that you feel will disprove Caterpillar's reason for refusal. Include photographs
and sketches as appropriate.
(6) Submit copies of DA Form 2407 (or DA Form 5504) to: Commander, U.S. Army Tank-automotive and Arma-
ments Command, ATTN: AMSTA-LC-AF-CE, 6501 E. 11 Mile Road, Warren, MI 48397-5000.
Caterpillar Responsibilities. If a defect in material or workmanship is found during the warranty period, Caterpillar will,
during normal working hours and at a place of business of a Caterpillar dealer or other source approved by Caterpillar:
Provide (at Caterpillar's choice) new, remanufactured, or Caterpillar-approved repaired parts or assembled compo-
nents needed to correct the defect. Items replaced under this warranty become the property of Caterpillar.
Replace lubricating oil, filters, antifreeze, and other service items made unusable by the defect.
Provide reasonable and customary labor needed to correct the defect.
The user is responsible for the following:
Providing proof of the warranty start date if warranty data plate is not available.
Labor costs, except as stated under "Caterpillar Responsibilities".
Local taxes, if applicable.
Parts shipping charged in excess of those which are usual and customary.
Costs to investigate complaints, unless the problem is caused by a defect in Caterpillar material or workmanship.
Performance of the required maintenance (including use of proper fuel, oil, lubricants and coolant) and replacement
of items due to normal wear and tear. Failures caused by contaminated fluids are not covered by warranty.
Caterpillar is not responsible for failures resulting from:
Any use or installation which Caterpillar judges improper.
Attachments, accessory items, and parts not sold or approved by Caterpillar.
Abuse, neglect, and/or improper repair.