WARRANTY INFORMATION (CATERPILLAR, INC.) - CONTINUED
EMISSIONS WARRANTY - CONTINUED
As a condition of reimbursement, replaced parts and validated invoices must be presented at a place of business of a
Caterpillar dealer or other source approved by Caterpillar.
Responsibilities and Limitations. The warranty is subject to the following:
Caterpillar Responsibilities. During the emission warranty period, if a defect in material or workmanship of an
emission-related part or component is found, Caterpillar will provide:
(1) New, remanufactured, or repaired parts and/or components, approved pursuant to EPA Regulations, required to
correct the defect.
(2) Note: Items replaced under warranty become the property of Caterpillar.
(3) Reasonable or customary labor, during normal working hours, needed to correct the defect, including labor for
removal and installation when necessary to make the repair.
User Responsibilities. During the emission warranty period, the user is responsible for:
(1) Providing proof of the delivery date to the first user.
(2) Premium or overtime labor costs.
(3) Costs to investigate complaints which are not caused by a defect in Caterpillar material or workmanship.
(4) Providing timely notice or a warrantable failure and promptly making the product available for repair.
(5) Performance of the required maintenance and use of proper fuel, oil, lubricants and coolant.
(6) Maintenance, replacement, or repair of the emission control devices and systems may be performed by any non-
road engine repair establishment or individual using certified nonroad engine parts.
Caterpillar is not responsible for resultant damages to an emission-related part of component resulting from:
(1) Any use or installation which Caterpillar judges improper.
(2) Attachments, accessory items and parts not sold or approved by Caterpillar.
(3) Abuse, neglect and/or improper engine repair.
(4) User's delay in making the product available after being notified of a potential product problem.
(5) Unauthorized repair or adjustments and unauthorized fuel setting changes.
This warranty is in addition to Caterpillar's standard warranty, applicable to the nonroad diesel engine product
NEITHER THE FOREGOING EXPRESS WARRANTY NOR ANY OTHER WARRANTY BY CATERPILLAR,
EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IS APPLICABLE TO ANY ITEM CATERPILLAR SELLS WHICH IS WARRANTED
DIRECTLY TO THE USER BY ITS MANUFACTURER.
THIS WARRANTY IS EXPRESSLY IN LIEU OF ANY OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED,
INCLUDING ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
REMEDIES UNDER THIS WARRANTY ARE LIMITED TO THE PROVISION OF MATERIAL AND SER-
VICES, AS SPECIFIED HEREIN. CATERPILLAR IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSE-
Some Caterpillar nonroad diesel engines are certified by the United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
to comply with smoke and gaseous emission standards prescribed by Federal laws at the time of manufacture.