a) remove torque converter
1. Remove the elevator hydraulic pump and steering and scraper
hydraulic pump from the torque converter.
2. Disconnect tube assembly ( I ) from the transmission oil pump.
Remove four bolts (3) and transmission oil pump (2).
3. Remove two bolts (5), the retainer and flange (4) from the shaft.
Check the condition of the O-ring seal under the flange If the
seal has damage, use a new part for replacement.
4. Remove six bolts (6) that hold the housing to the carrier.
5. Install two 3/8"-16 NC forged eyebolts in housing (7) as
shown. Fasten a hoist to the housing and remove it. It is
necessary to hit the end of the shaft with a soft faced hammer
until the housing is free of the bearing on the shaft. Weight of
the housing is 96 lb.(43.5 kg).