BRAKE MASTER CYLINDER AND ACTUATOR
ASSEMBLE BRAKE MASTER CYLINDER AND ACTUATOR
(TRACTOR OR SCRAPER)
1. Put brake fluid on all parts for lubrication.
2. Install seat (1), valve (2), spring (3), cup (4), piston (8), plate
(5) and lockwire (6) in cylinder assembly (7).
CAUTION: Make sure lockwire (6) fits correctly in the groove in
cylinder assembly (7) and piston (8) returns against plate (5).
3. Install boot (10) on cylinder assembly.
4. Install cylinder assembly in bracket assembly (9) and tighten
the three screws (1I) and nuts to hold it.
5. Put plate assembly (12) in position on the bracket assembly
and install the two nuts that hold it.
6. Install the seal in retainer (13) and install the retainer in the
7. Install indicator (16) on rod assembly (14). Install spring (15)
and rod assembly (14).
8. Install diaphragm (18) and plate assembly (17).
9. Install the band assembly to hold plate assembly (17) to plate
a)install master cylinder and actuator(tractor or scraper)
NOTE: When reconditioning is done to the hydraulic brake
system, use caution to prevent introduction of foreign material into
the brake fluid. Damaged or worn rubber parts is an indication of
other fluids in the brake system. Flush and clean the system with
denatured alcohol or brake fluid.